• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch Wall Oven HBL8451UC - replacing control board issues

joeltk

Premium Member
Model Number
HBL8451UC
Brand
Bosch
I have a wall oven that was not getting to temp. Issue was not with the elements, as the clean function worked. I first attempted the clean the probe, that did not work. I called a service repairman who advised the control board and probe should be replaced. His quote was $500+ in labor, so I endeavored to attempt a fix myself.

I replaced the control board and the probe. I ensured the control board connections were correctly made (took pictures of the old board before installing the new board, etc.). When I powered it on, the digital display did not turn on. The oven light will work and the only buttons that make a sound when pressed are the oven light and clock.

Do I need to replace the display board as well? Could this be indicative of a poorly installed board? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

anderleht

Premium Member
Hello, did you solve your problem? If not, can you put old one and check? I had to replace the relay board, but after this on display board I see only clock, when I press any button, nothing happens only beeping. No error codes

joeltk

Premium Member
Hello, did you solve your problem? If not, can you put old one and check? I had to replace the relay board, but after this on display board I see only clock, when I press any button, nothing happens only beeping. No error codes
Issue is still there....I have since replaced the display board as well and that did not resolve the problem.

I have reinstalled the old board too, same issue.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.