• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Bottom Lights, after replaced, still don't work

kgb1072

Premium Member
Model Number
MH7130XEB-1
Brand
Whirlpool
OK - so the lights were out on the bottom of the Microwave. When I went to take them out to replace, they both broke leaving the base twist piece still in the socket. After getting them out - and laying on my back on the counter for 20 minutes, i was able to get the bases out of the sockets and replace with new bulbs.

Then to my dismay the light still did not turn on.

What next?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

kgb1072

Premium Member
With the power off or on?
Microwave Light Replacement | Appliance Aid

I did change the lights with the power on. Other then flipping the circuit breaker, I am unaware of another way to turn the power off.
I did not discuss the fact that the Fan on the Unit is not working either, so logically this would be more evidence that the Board needs replacing?

Thank you for the link on the board piece. Now i have to figure on how to replace it.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I did not discuss the fact that the Fan on the Unit is not working either, so logically this would be more evidence that the Board needs replacing?
That would be a good possibility! :(

jeff.