• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bought New GE Microwave - Put In Wall - When Oven Runs - both Microwave stop working, power stays on

marty01

Premium Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
1
Location
Texas
Model Number
JES2051SNSS
Brand
GE
Age
Less than 1 year
HI,

I had a GE microwave and over built into the wall. So need to replace the Microwave, so bought the GE - JES2051SNSS, however, after installing it in the wall same place as before. Now when I ran Microwave and Oven at same time they both stop working. The power does not turn off, but they stop responding. I have to turn off the power and turn back on. I thought this was when both are on, so today I ran just the oven and same thing both Microwave and oven both stopped working after 10-15 minutes of the oven runnning. The power is on, but the time in microwave disappears and no buttons work.

This problem started after I replaced the GE Profile microwave with this microwave. The problem is I do not even know how to explain it to someone in simple terms over the phone and I do not know if its related to the new microwave. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

NOTE: The previous GE Profile I had was - products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-product-search?Ntt=peb2060sm1ss&x=0&y=0, it was also the same size and also 1200W, so that has not changed.
 

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
111,041
Location
McMullen Valley, Arizona
Hi,

That is very odd, I've never seen that happen before.

Its best to have GE come out to see what's going on, the GE tech. can also call the GE factory from your house to ask them what the fix would be, if the GE tech. that came out did not know.

Jake
 
Top