Bradford White 50 gallon with expansion tank

Disco44

Premium Member
Model Number
50 gal
Brand
Sorry dont have model number with me but this is really about the expansion tank. Dont know if you can help with that or not but ill ask anyway,

Few months ago I began to notice excessive water pressure in the morning when no water had been used, did some research that lead to test expansion tank and determined it was full of water and needed to be replaced. Replaced with same brand and size and followed air pressure instructions and it has 60 psi of air and thought i was good to go but i still have excessive pressure in the morning or when water isnt used for a while.

Would this be not enough pressure in ex tank or too much? Or not it at all?

my house does not have pressure valve on water line, and its a 50 gallon electric tank.

any thoughts?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There was an excellent HVAC tech that would probably know the answer but I haven't seen him on here much. I can't remember his username either but I'll look through the members list. If I can remember you can send him a PM.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Icehouse passed away Rick.

Last Activity from him was November 2nd, 2012 01:22 PM

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
He was in and out of the hospital back in 2012, he said he didn't have long to live and that's the last I heard from him was November 2nd, 2012 01:22 PM.

I thought I mentioned it to everyone, maybe I didn't because I was going through my mom passing that same year too. It was a tough year all around.

Jake