• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Brand new Frigidaire GDPP4515AF dishwasher is leaking

Hammy

Premium Member
Model Number
GDPP4515AF
Brand
Frigidaire
hello,
I bought a Frigidaire Top Control 24 inch built in Dishwasher (smudge proof Stainless steal) model GDPP4515AF from Lowes. I noticed it was recently leaking. I checked my connections and observed they were all tight but found it was leaking from this spot. It seems it must have been damaged somehow. I still have the receipt but didn't purchase a warranty. Lowes website says it has to be returned within 48 hours after purchase so I can't take it back and get another. I have attached a copy of the leaking part . It looks like the seal part is bent and loose. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_9117.jpg
    IMG_9117.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9116.jpg
    IMG_9116.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 39

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is it leaking right above where that red wire is attached?

That looks like the heater element. If so there are nuts that hold the element tight to the tub. One nut might just be loose. You can see servicing those nuts at this link:

This link is pertinent to your message. It is supplied by the message author:

LINK > GDPP4515AF Heating Element w\Repair video

I would not suggest going through the hassle of replacing the whole dishwasher for that symptom. It could very well just be a case of tightening one of the nuts. Even if necessary, calling for warranty service might be a better option. The unit has a 1-year factory warranty.

JMO

Dan O.

Hammy

Premium Member
Is it leaking right above where that red wire is attached? That looks like the heater element. If so there are nuts that hold the element tight to the tub. One nut might just be loose.

Spot on Dan,

Nut was loose so just had to tighten it. Thanks everyone for your help!!!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.