newGesucks2021

Premium Member
NEW ge GTW465ASNWW 5/18/21 replacement my 17 yr old whirlpool that i LOVED. When delivery man came he said you are getting a toy washer to replace a work horse! I wish i would had had it repair Now that i have this $700.00 plus 5 yr warranty =$$$ for a washer that will not fill up with water. Like my old washer.. i see so many people ask PLEASE TELL US HOW TO OPEN UP THE WASHER, MAKE ADJUSTMENT TO RAISE WATER.. but so far nobody has figured it out or told/show on video.. i do not care about warranty break.. we paid to have our clothes washed with Water not a drop.. anyone finds how to adjust pressure sensor on these new machines do a utube video. It will get allot of support!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can't MODIFY your washer to raise the water level to the top, sorry.

Most new washers have a DEEP FILL setting and that does fill the tub full of water.

If yours does NOT, then go back to the store where you bought it at and EXCHANGE your GE for the Maytag or Whirlpool with DEEP FILL.

My 2016 Maytag washer has DEEP FILL and does a great job.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't know that it is possible nor how it might be done. My landlord also replaced an old workhorse washer with a different, new model GE washer and I agree, water levels were insufficient IMO.

I did find out that on a delicate cycle it will fill with slightly more water but no where near full. That setting might also reduce the aggressiveness of the wash action though depending on how the washer was designed.

JFYI

Dan O.

Last edited:

newGesucks2021

Premium Member
Jake, people will find away to beat the system. Even if we have to reprogram the washers chips.. Lol there is away around it.. it will come out for all the 10,000 or more of frustration of these water rules that is gov control, on how I wash my clothes but charge me to buy with my money something we hate! But thanks for these forum..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jake, people will find away to beat the system. Even if we have to reprogram the washers chips.. Lol there is away around it.. it will come out for all the 10,000 or more of frustration of these water rules that is gov control, on how I wash my clothes but charge me to buy with my money something we hate!
It's already been 10 years since they started making these low water usage machines, and nothing so far to reprogram the chip. 😭

So either a hacker has not been successful or they don't mess with it in fear of blowing out their control board, which is $400 to replace.

Jake

newGesucks2021

Premium Member
Sir, i will need a new washer in less than 3yrs with this new washers do not hold up, like the old well made.. i hope it falls apart then i will go to the used appliance store(wish i did that) and spend $200.00 get a old whirlpool 2008 or less.. it will be the best money and will fill up over the clothes not under them.. Jake u are reading how unhappy and buyer remorse of so many of these new washer.. but again thanks for this site.. i will continue to follow. Maybe someone will find the trick.. to raise water over the clothes!! Lol

Repairsamurai

Premium Member
Sir, i will need a new washer in less than 3yrs with this new washers do not hold up, like the old well made.. i hope it falls apart then i will go to the used appliance store(wish i did that) and spend $200.00 get a old whirlpool 2008 or less.. it will be the best money and will fill up over the clothes not under them.. Jake u are reading how unhappy and buyer remorse of so many of these new washer.. but again thanks for this site.. i will continue to follow. Maybe someone will find the trick.. to raise water over the clothes!! Lol
I know I'm super late posting my comments.

According to the user's manual you can press and hold the Deep Fill button for more than 3 seconds in any cycle it should be able to fill at the max level. You need to read the instructions for those new fancy washing machines.
I have attached a user's manual from another site for your feature and future references. I hope you have not sold your washer yet.
When I got the new washing machine model number GTW680BSJ from the used appliance market I was so disappointed for the same reason you have. But I realized there are many useful features and capabilities. You will need to read the user manual because they are not grandma's washing machine anymore. If you still have the same washing machine and never find out how to then just trying when you have a chance.

1629392746280.png

Attachments

• Dispatcher.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 126

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
it should be able to fill at the max level.

Have you tried that? What is the "maximum level"?

I did and on my GE machine it added only about 1/2" of extra water. Selecting delicate added slightly more but still not enough IMO.

Maybe your machine operates differently?

Dan O.

Repairsamurai

Premium Member
@Dan O.

Sounds not right. You said water increased 1/2"? So you did press and hold the deep fill button for more than 3 sec? My washing machine will add water 1/2" by just pressing deep fill button.

The deepest water level my washing machine can handle is the same as the Bulky cycle. Here is the screenshot from the user manual for GTW465 on page 16.
The water level should be more than half of the basket, maybe 55~60%.
1629396876054.png

Also, I have found the maintenance manual for a specific model. Please refer to attached PDF HL01-17.
I am not sure if your washing machine has the PVC tube that is connected to the outer basket on the bottom side and the pressure sensor on the control board. If your washing machine has one then you should remove the tube and make sure it's cleared out. Please don't forget to clear the hole on the outer basket using 1/16 drill bit. I had the issue with water level and the cycle ends without the high spins. Pressure sensor recognize the water levels so if it's clogged it may produce a high chance of errors. Mine had orange instead of blue one.

1. I am curious when was the last time you cleaned the basket?
  2. What kind of detergent do you use? Do you use HE detergent?
  3. Do you use softer?

1629398722583.png

Attachments

• HL01-17.pdf
    613.6 KB · Views: 146

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The machine was brand new and I never disassembled it. It was also a Canadian GE (made in Mexico) not a US model. I had use of it for less than a year before I moved.

I surely wouldn't buy one for myself but thanks for the tips. Hopefully they'll help someone else.

Dan O.

Repairsamurai

Premium Member
Man,, Sorry to hear that. GE is not good. The reason they released the maintenance instruction for clearing the pressure hole on the basket was the issue on molding process. I fixed the similar model twice and both are working just fine.

Robert4

Premium Member
I think your washers are different.

When was your washer manufactured? Washers that are made in 2018 or later are required to comply with tougher US Department of Energy regulations that further limit water use. To comply, most newer washers will not allow you to select Deep Fill when using the Normal Cycle(s). If you select Deep Fill on the Normal Cycle, you just get auto-sensing of the water level. I agree, with these newer regulations, you don't get enough water even with Deep Fill on other cycles such as Delicate.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The one I had use of was brand new in 2019 and very bottom of the line. I'm glad I don't have to put up with it any more. It twisted my clothes in to a ball and always went off balance on spin. POS IMO.

Dan O.

Repairsamurai

Premium Member
@Robert4 and @Dan O.

I just checked the manufactured date on my washing machine and it was 2016. So that is the reason I can fill more water than the latest model. How about the other brand?

Robert4

Premium Member
The original model mentioned here, GTW465ASNWW, has a Water Factor of 6.5. Believe it or not, that is the maximum allowed by the 2018 regulations for all brands of top-load washers. The Water Factor is measured by the quantity of water (gallons) used to wash each cubic foot of laundry. It's a 4.5 cu ft washer.Here's some info: https://energystar-mesa.force.com/E...-qualified-clothes-washers-list-1600088468513

Water Factor = average gallons / cu ft capacity

6.5 = Gallons/4.5
29.25 Gallons on average per cycle. That means for that size washer, it uses the maximum allowed gallons per cycle (on average). I don't know what the government calls an "average cycle," but the washer basically, uses the maximum amount of water per cycle allowed by government regulations.

The government over regulates washers and every few years, requires reductions to water use. Since your washer is from 2016, you can use Deep Fill on the Normal Cycle, and Deep Fill will use more water than the current version even when using the exact same cycle options.

Redmeat

Premium Member
NEW ge GTW465ASNWW 5/18/21 replacement my 17 yr old whirlpool that i LOVED. When delivery man came he said you are getting a toy washer to replace a work horse! I wish i would had had it repair Now that i have this $700.00 plus 5 yr warranty =$$$ for a washer that will not fill up with water. Like my old washer.. i see so many people ask PLEASE TELL US HOW TO OPEN UP THE WASHER, MAKE ADJUSTMENT TO RAISE WATER.. but so far nobody has figured it out or told/show on video.. i do not care about warranty break.. we paid to have our clothes washed with Water not a drop.. anyone finds how to adjust pressure sensor on these new machines do a utube video. It will get allot of support!!!
Did you ever figure this out? I wonder if we get a longer pressure tube or cut in a y joint to extent it would that help?

Mike86

Premium Member
Did you ever figure this out? I wonder if we get a longer pressure tube or cut in a y joint to extent it would that help?
I was curious about that too. Instead of reprogramming or hacking the circuit board, maybe it's possible to just change the pressure in the tube. Somehow make the washer think it's got 12" of water instead of 10". Are there any pneumatic experts out there?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
maybe it's possible to just change the pressure in the tube.

If you remove the air hose, fill the tub 2" and then reconnect the air supply tube, the washer should think that level of water is empty and fill above that accordingly. (The minimum amount of fill would likely also be affected though.)

It would be easy to reset, just drain all water from the tub and remove then reinstall the air supply tube again.

Let us know how it works.

Dan O.