• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Brand New LG Refrigerator LRMDS3006S Taking Too Long To Cool?

kngelv

Model Number
LRMDS3006S
Brand
LG
My old G.E. side by side finally died after 16 years. The LG was delivered on Tuesday at 11am. It has been plugged in about 46 hours now. Settings are 0 for freezer and 36 for the refrigerator. The middle drawer is set to 33. The middle drawer got to 33 pretty fast the main compartment took 24 hour to hit 40 and now is at 38. The freezer took 24 hours to hit 28 degrees. I then put already frozen food in so it is about 1/2 full. At 8am it was at 10 degrees.

I read on some LG website reviews that the settings on the door are not accurate so I lowered the temps to -3 and 34. The top ice bucket is about 3/4 full and the craft ice has not produced anything yet. Is this normal? I would think the temperatures would get there much faster. How long should I wait before possibly returning it? Thanks.

James

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi James, usually it takes about 24 hours for temperatures to stabilize, how's it doing now?

If your still not seeing good results, Contact LG AT at (800) 243-0000 to come out on a warranty call to see what's going on.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.