• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

brand quality?

woodturner9

Premium Member
Guess I'll have to replace the washer, then. I'm just looking for a basic model. What are the quality brands these days? HD has the Admiral AA7000 for around $300, Sears scratch and dent has a Kenmore (supposedly whirlpool) series 80 for around $340.

What brands seem to be better quality? Is a lower cost washer going to last 20 years like the last one, or should I spend a little more up front to get better quality?

Thanks.

ron in sc

Premium Member
I sent you the information I have on the Speed Qeens that I got from Alliance Laundry who makes them. The information I have is for front loaders only. I think most of the front loaders out there do not last as long as the traditional top loaders although I still think the front loaders are better.

I just finished doing the bearing and seal repair on my Frigidaire and I was not impressed with how it is designed and how much work it was to repair. Not to mention the short time, about 3 1/2 years before it got very, very loud on the final spin cycle.

My plan is to move old washer to garage after I route hot and cold water out there and install a drain and buy a Speed Queen front loader. They seem to be more heavy duty and easier to service, I think. The Speed Queens also have real switches and timers not that electronic pad stuff.