Brand recommendations for 2016?

horseflesh

Premium Member
Model Number
N/A
Brand
-major brand-
The "help me pick a dishwasher" thread was closed about 5 years ago, so I thought it was worth asking the same question again... Which brands should I be looking at? Our Maytag just died due to control panel issues. I'll look up the part cost but I am open to the idea of moving on, since it's been a constant source of trouble with the unit anyway. (Half the buttons haven't been working for over a year, and that's even after the whole panel was replaced once.)

We are heavy users, running once a day, sometimes twice a day if I am doing a lot of cooking. I'm disinclined to do Maytag again due to my past trouble, but if new models are more reliable, I guess anything is possible.

I know a couple of people who like their Bosch 500s, but I'm a little skeptical of having no heated dry.

Is the advice still generally Whirlpool, Kenmore, Fridigaire, Maytag?

How are the Korean brands these days?

Thanks for any comments!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the list: Most and Least Reliable Manufacturers?

How are the Korean brands these days?
As I say to others, Samsung and LG make good smartphones, TV's, and monitors, but when it comes to home appliances they have a long way to catch up with the USA big boys Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, KitchenAid, Frigidaire.

So you want a good smartphone, TV, or monitor get Samsung or LG, if you want a reliable home appliance get Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, KitchenAid, Frigidaire.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.

Jake