BX21TW How do you take this cover off?

loops

Premium Member
Model Number
BX21TW
Brand
Amana
I don’t want to break it and I am not sure how it comes off. I’ve put a flat head in what looks like a tab on the side but it didn’t budge. I don’t mibd applying some force if I was sure thats what I am sopposed to do.

Thanks

2CCFE099-1602-4E9F-A7FA-61021EAC1A5E.jpg

loops

Premium Member
Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I did what you suggested and took off the knob and pushed the cover up. It slid up a bit but, as you can see in the picture, there is not much room above it and it press up against the top of the fridge. When it did this I could see the little tabs that are holding the cover in place but could not slide the box up high enough to pop them up. I pushed on the bottom of the cover to try and lift them up ( with quite a bit of force ) but the cover is not flexible enough to bend so the tabs will come off.

The cover also doesn't bend on the sides either. I was going to try and bend in the sides to get the tabs up and lift it out on an angle but it feels like if I try and bend the cover any hard on the side or on the bottom it will break.

Please help. I need this cover off without wrecking or breaking anything!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It seems like I ran into this before so I checked past threads but couldn't locate anything. Instead of lifting up on the cover try pushing in on one of the tabs and see if it pops out. Another possibility is instead of pushing up to get the bottom of the tab out, try pushing down to get the top of the tab out then lift it off.