• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED C970-441033 Kenmore Elite Dual Fuel Conv. Range

RobL4

Premium Member
Model Number
C970-441033
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore Elite Dual Fuel Convection Range display stopped working. The Model / Serial # does not come up on any site or google search So I don't know how / where to get the replacement parts. The serial sticker in the bottom drawer states Model C970-441033 Model NF60512728
Can anyone direct me to a solution / fix?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
RobL4 said:
The Model / Serial # does not come up on any site or google search

That appears to be a Canadian Kenmore product. Canadian appliances are often not found online. If you need parts for it, you may have to contact Frigidaire Canada too look up the part number for you since they made it for Sears.

display stopped working

Someone may need to confirm power is getting to the electronic control. If power WAS getting there but it still wasn't lighting up, it would likely point to a malfunction of the PCB itself which then might need to be replaced to correct the condition.

If NO power to the control, looking into its wiring circuit might be required. There usually aren't any safeties, etc. in the circuit that would stop the control from functioning so a loose or burned wire might be a slim possibility.

Dan O.

Last edited:

RobL4

Premium Member
Thank you Dan O. for the info.

A bit additional information just discovered - the sparkers and burners all work. When sparking the is engaged the clock flashes 12:00 and display flashes PF. There is also a clicking noise coming from the control board.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
RobL4 said:
When sparking the is engaged the clock flashes 12:00 and display flashes PF.

That definitely sounds more like a wiring problem, possibly even the wiring to the range. A loose ground or neutral might result in such a symptom. Check the connections where the cord attaches to the stove wiring, the connections in the wall outlet and maybe even the house fuse panel and if necessary, electrical connectors inside the range esp. near the spark module and the control.

I don't think much else would cause a control malfunction when the spark is engaged.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I thought if it was just one, the cause might be isolated to the components of that particular burner only, thereby limiting areas needed further investigation.

RobL4

Premium Member
I removed the front timer / touch pad panel and sent it in for repair - but the repair tech said there was nothing wrong with the timer panel. He had it working for 3 days on his test bench and said it worked right from the start. I got it back and still no display or controls working.
Any idea what I should look at next?

RobL4

Premium Member
I just checked the power going into the range and I was only getting 120v on the red. The black had zero voltage for some reason. The black off of the breaker was 120v but not to the terminal block on the range. So there must be a break in the 10/3 wire or a faulty receptacle??

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
RobL4 said:
I was only getting 120v on the red. The black had zero voltage for some reason.
I do not know how you are testing. Between the red wire and what do you get 120v?? Between the black wire and what??

RobL4 said:
So there must be a break in the 10/3 wire or a faulty receptacle??
Did you not check for power coming to the range like I suggested in my second post? Such a problem should have been evident then.

Dan O.

RobL4

Premium Member
I was testing the voltage from red or black to the common. Red was 120v Black was 0 volts.

I traced the issue to the receptacle - installed a new receptacle and range works fine now. The old receptacle for some reason crapped out. I should have check that first, but since the breaker wasn't tripped I didn't think of it

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
testing the voltage from red or black to the common. Red was 120v Black was 0 volts.
0 volts between black and neutral is definitely a problem. On a gas range with spark ignition, a good ground is important too.

Glad to hear you found the problem. Thanks for the followup.