Cabrio and repair manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedway

Premium Member
I'm looking a buying the Whrilpool Cabrio WTW6600SB washer and WED6400SB dryer. Can anyone shed some light on if I should or should not buy this set? I have done alot of reading about the codes but they all seem normal because you are dealing with computerized stuff. Has there been any major problems?

Jake could you please post a link to the repair manuals for both M#'s? So I can read through all of the codes and ways to fix them? Your help would be great!!!!!

Everyone have a good day!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks speedway, glad to help.:)

Jake

BanOne

Premium Member
Mother in law had these for 3 years and I am just now replacing the motor controller in it.

FL_Mikey

I just picked up a Whirlpool WTW7340XW and was wondering if this manual applies to it? I bought a 4 year extended warranty too, but just in case I'll save this and keep it on file.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, it looks like those manuals are for the 6000 series.

I haven't been able to locate the 7000 series yet.

Jake

homeschoolmom

Premium Member
Can't thank you enough for the repair manual for the Cabrio + 6th sense. Before we open it up and start looking around, I wonder if someone might be able to give us some guidance on where we might start. Our washer just cannot seem to balance itself anymore. Once it gets to 6 mins left in the cycle it starts banging and stops. No amount of redistributing helps, even removing the clothes and replacing them one by one. It might spins like a "house afire" at 9 mins, but when it gets to 6 mins it starts banging. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

homeschoolmom

Premium Member
Wow! That looks incredibly helpful. We will give it a shot, and I'll let you know if it works. Thank you SO much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, keep us posted.

Jake

Tom_

Hi
New guy to the site and got to say that it is a blessing.
Anyways, I was wondering if you have the repair manual for the 7000 series Cabrios yet. I was going off the 6000 and most of it is the same except for one of the tests it wants 16 ohms and i'm getting 30. Guessing that is just the difference in models but would be nice to know for sure.

Thanks
Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry for the delay, had to relocate to Arizona. Just trying catch up on unanswered threads AND posts.

Wendy I will need the model number of your washer, if you already got yours fixed, don't worry about responding back if you don't want to.

Tom, I need the model number of your model as well.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

Jake

randyfoli

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer #WTW6400SW1 and the plastic part of the lid lock broke. I opened the top of the washer and removed the lid lock and opened the lid lock housing to fix the broken part and when I did two identical pieces of metal fell out of the lid lock housing. I have fixed the broken plastic part, but now I cannot figure out where the metal pieces fit into in the lid lock housing to get it back together again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately I've never repaired the door lock latch assembly itself, I always just replace them.

And even if someone here helps assist you on it, it will likely be a temporary fix and will break again unless it is replaced.

Here's the door lock switch assembly for your model you can order here:
Whirlpool W10059230 Latch - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

Trumpet

Premium Member
I just picked up a Whirlpool WTW7340XW and was wondering if this manual applies to it? I bought a 4 year extended warranty too, but just in case I'll save this and keep it on file.

I have the exace same one and am getting a F51 error. Sears tech insists is a bad bearing. Manual and everything online says it's the rotor sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.