Cabrio and repair manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Just my 1 and 1/3 cents worth....bad bearing can slow things down from binding and might give false rotor/motor turning results.

jeff.

theripster

Premium Member
I have now acquired a Cabrio model number WTW5500XW0 with a problem. It never gets past the sensing part in the beginning. I can hear the lid lock lock itself when I start it. The lid lock light comes on and so does the sensing lite. The problem is it never gets past that point. It sort of ticks for a minute or so and then just stops. After a few seconds it starts the ticking thing again. It does this several times and eventually just stops and does nothing. When I hit the pause button it releases the lid lock, and if I try to start it again it just does the whole thing over again. I looked at the service manuals you have listed, but there isn't one for the 5500 model. As always, my thanks in advance for the assistance I know is coming.

theripster

Premium Member
Well I did find another thread with my exact model being discussed. It showed me where the service manual was and so I got it out and went to trying to get it to go into the diagnostics mode. Nope. It would not do it. Maybe I wasn't turning the control knob at the exact half second interval like it said to. I don't know. Tried it several times and nothing. So I turned to the page it said to turn to if that happened. Now it wants me to diagnose the control board and several other electronic parts. Nope. It's going to give me more headaches than I feel like having so I zipped it back up and will sell it to anyone who wants it for whatever they want to pay for it. I must be getting old. For a guy who rebuilds transmissions, and takes a timer motor apart to understand why it is turning in both directions this is pretty shallow of me. Hope this doesn't lower your opinion of me. Thanks for the help you were going to give me, but this time I'm just going to call it quits.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, these VMW machines(Whirlpool Cabrio/Maytag Bravos) have had multiple problems I'm sorry to say. Hopefully Whirlpool and Maytag will come back with the more reliable direct drive models.

Here's another member that couldn't get his in diagnostics either post #3 here: FIXED Maytag bravos topload stuck in sensing mode It was the shift actuator that was bad, but if you read on it kept going bad almost every year, he may have been overloading his machine causes it to keep going out, because that's highly unusual.

Jake

Kwtrustno1

We just found this blog and I apologize I'm not too good at navigating these signs. We have a Cabrio washer with a lid lock problem. I found our paperwork showing we bought it in 2010. We are getting codes eofo & the dreaded blinking lid lock. I do not know if a simple lid lock replacement will fix our problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You'll need to start a new thread.

To Start a NEW THREAD:

You go to the forum that your appliance is in, then you will see a "+ Post New Thread" button on the top left side of that forum, and thats it, just click + Post New Thread.

Then we need your model number too.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: What is a model number, and where do I find it?.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.