Cannot figure out what this dishwasher is trying to tell me

gregthec

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDI02IRWH
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi Folks,

Hey, I'm new to this forum and not an appliance repair person by any stretch. I hope my question isn't too noobish . Our dishwasher, a Kitchenaid started flashing lights lately (alternating heavy duty/normal and flashing cancel), If I cut the power and power back up, there are no lights for a while and then it starts flshing again. Disconnecting and reconnecting the control panel ribbon cable does successfully reset the dishwasher and it will run completely but afterwards the Clean light (LED) is not lit. Lately, I've been having to re-set it every time by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. No key sequences has worked thus far (like heat dry/normal, etc). So far, the only thing that works so far is disconnecting/reconnecting the ribbon cable.

I recently saw this thread on this site and have the following question. From the info that I have provided does it sound most likely to be the control panel? Is there a chance it could be the door switch. I don't know if this dishwasher is worth fixing if it's the control panel but I would certainly consider repairing it if it's just the switch.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Greg

KUDI02IRWH (kudi02irwh)

Last edited:

Northwestil

Premium Member
Mine too. Flashing light. Repair person told me to reset with pushing the 2 buttons back and forth. Now it takes 3 to 5 hours to do a normal dishwasher cycle.

Most times it will end with the 7 series of flashes. What is the under warranty time? Can it get fixed easily? It also doesn't dry the dishes besides taking so long? Thanks!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Hey, I'm new to this forum and not an appliance repair person by any stretch. I hope my question isn't too noobish . Our dishwasher, a Kitchenaid started flashing lights lately (alternating heavy duty/normal and flashing cancel), If I cut the power and power back up, there are no lights for a while and then it starts flshing again. Disconnecting and reconnecting the control panel ribbon cable does successfully reset the dishwasher and it will run completely but afterwards the Clean light (LED) is not lit. Lately, I've been having to re-set it every time by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. No key sequences has worked thus far (like heat dry/normal, etc). So far, the only thing that works so far is disconnecting/reconnecting the ribbon cable.

I recently saw this thread on this site and have the following question. From the info that I have provided does it sound most likely to be the control panel? Is there a chance it could be the door switch. I don't know if this dishwasher is worth fixing if it's the control panel but I would certainly consider repairing it if it's just the switch.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Greg

KUDI02IRWH (kudi02irwh)
Hi Greg,

Sorry we must of missed your thread post here back in April.

Yes, the problem is your control panel, seen this issue many times.

Here's the control panel for your model:
Whirlpool 8572347 Panel-Cntl - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Mine too. Flashing light. Repair person told me to reset with pushing the 2 buttons back and forth. Now it takes 3 to 5 hours to do a normal dishwasher cycle.

Most times it will end with the 7 series of flashes. What is the under warranty time? Can it get fixed easily? It also doesn't dry the dishes besides taking so long? Thanks!!
Hi Northwestil,

You have a different issue if its doing the 7 flashing clean lights in sequence. You have a heating circuit part that is out, either the heating element or control board.

We would need the model number of your dishwasher.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

Jake