• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Cannot remove control panel on Samsung DV42H5600EF/AC dryer

Entangler

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5600EF/A
Brand
Samsung
The videos make it look simple...remove the top, disengage the tabs holding the top edge of the control panel, and rotate it away to remove from the dryer. But there's something retaining the bottom edge that prevents it from lifting free. Two grey tabs inserted in two sheet metal slots won't disengage, and I'm afraid I'll break them if I force it. There's an identical post here:

I need to disassemble this dryer to repair it, but I can't get the front user panel off. I can pull the upper clips off the top, but there are two lower plastic clips that are hooked into metal holes, and I don't want to break them. They are in the middle about two inches apart or less.
bsaucer was advised just to pull harder on it and it'd come loose. He eventually broke the tabs. There MUST be something else holding the bottom center of the control panel in place?! I don't want to break the tabs off as bsaucer did. There must be a trick other than just forcing it. HELP!!!!!!

Wx4usa

Premium Member
If you rotate the top of the panel further out from the dryer and lift up if should dislodge the two center retainers. There is nothing else holding it on except tabs on the bottom of the control panel.

Entangler

Premium Member
If you rotate the top of the panel further out from the dryer and lift up if should dislodge the two center retainers. There is nothing else holding it on except tabs on the bottom of the control panel.
Thanks for the help. I'll take my chances and hope the tabs don't break off, now that I know it's the only way to remove it.

leifmadsen

There are two smaller tabs in the middle the kind of hook onto top of the door panel.

I struggled for a while and you kind of have to lift straight up while also pushing the panel in to get them to disengage. Just rotating forward seems to not allow the clips to disengage.

I've attached a picture for reference. They are the two small grey clips and you can see the square holes on the door panel where they clip in.

Attachments