• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Can't find a Turntable motor for my microwave. Please help.

afrowookie

Premium Member
Model Number
C10MW504SS
Brand
Hi all, I have a Citizen 1000watt Stainless Steel Microwave Model number

It has stopped spinning so I guess it's the motor. However I can't seem to find one of these anywhere. Upon more research I noticed people who have a Cuisinart CMW-100 and looking for motors for that model have the same problem also. Apparently they both use the same hard to find motor. My motor after removing has this on it;
TYJ50-8A19
NO:E199324
100/120V~ 50/60Hz 4W
4/4.8r/min CW/CCW
Foshan Shunde Hengxing
Micro Motor Co., LTD

I have already ordered a motor on ebay but turns out it was the wrong size and wrong coupler size. I eventually found one of these with the exact same specs on ebay again, but it is used and concerned that it might work for a while and quit like mine. Can someone please help me locate one of these motors, new would be preferable. If not is there another solution, like another motor from another brand.

Thanks in advance,
Afrowookie

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Worth a shot...

Phone inquiries call 1-800-663-5954 By mail at the address below

Bluetronics Group
C/O NESA
24 Progress Avenue
Toronto, ON CANADA M1P 2Y4
Attn: BTG Service Department

jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I found it on a Citizen Canada web site...let us know how you make out there.

jeff.

afrowookie

Premium Member
Hi, I checked Bluetronics Group and Citizen Canada website same(website) and I cannot see any thing there for replacement parts for my microwave.

Any other suggestions.