• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Cant get freezer drawers out of Samsung Refrigerator RF31FMEDBBC

pdernbach

Premium Member
Model Number
RF31FMEDBBC
Brand
Samsung
Seems like main drawer should open further? I can free the top drawer in the freezer, but there is not room in the open freezer to get it out. Yes, took out piece that is in the door. Manual says to dislodge top drawer and just lift it out, but the drawer is big and the space to lift it out is not big enough. I have watched videos of other Samsung freezer drawers being taken out, but they are not like this one.
(My son dropped something behind the drawers of the freezer. Want it back)

ApplianceBCS

Premium Member
So what I would do is pull it harder out and close it. Pull it out and close it and you should feel the guides extend out until you fill a firm stop. This happens all of the time. Get some All temp 100% silicone and oil up the freezer guides after and this will help prevent this.

pdernbach

Premium Member
OMG! That totally worked! I went in there with "right, just pull it open/close a couple times; sure"
Kinda sounded dumb, but I'm the one who calls and they say "did you reboot?" Oh, yeah, that did it!

Thank you so much!!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I had a perfect video mine just did it now when I shot it but the file is to big to post. Basically close and open to you feel it get the end of the guide.
If its too big to upload here, you can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake

AnnieO

Thank you so much!!! For 10 years I have been annoyed at not being able to get good access to my freezer. Watching the Samsung video (which showed a much wider gap) and finding this forum was a GAME CHANGER for me. So much so, I posted a video on YOUTUBE (still uploading but here is the link). And finally my freezer is clean! ...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for posting that video, that will definitely help others.(y)

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.