• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Can't remove the bottom drawer from my Kenmore 790.7423 range

YW in Illinois

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Somehow I managed to get the stove's bottom drawer cockeyed. I want to try removing it completely and reinserting it properly, but I cannot get it all the way out. I don’t know whether there is a trick that I am missing, or whether I broke something, but I want to know how it is supposed to come out under normal conditions.

I have made eight or ten phone calls to different Sears and Kenmore numbers, had two live chat conversations, and sent one e-mail contact, and every one of them just referred me to somebody else. I found the correct pdf user manual online, but it says nothing about removing the drawer. I cannot find a video that uses this model.

Can somebody who knows this appliance help me? It’s a Kenmore free-standing range, model #790.7423. (Gas, convection oven.)

YW

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

YW in Illinois

Premium Member
Ooo. . .that's what I was afraid of. It's a simple slide-out-and-lift-upward design, but that isn't working. So I guess I have to play with it some more. I'll let you know when I get it out. (I sure wish it hadn't been so hard to find out the usual way to remove the drawer.)

And thanks for the video.

YW

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent YW, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake