• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Casement/Slider Air Conditioners for bigger rooms?

superhero1219

Premium Member
Model Number
n/a
Brand
-major brand-
I'm looking for an air conditioner to cool a rather large room, >1000 sq ft. The room, unfortunately, has windows that slide left-right. I haven't been able to find a casement window air conditioner with a BTU higher than 12,000. Do they make casement units that are 20,000 BTU? If not, I may have to go with a through-the-wall unit. I've been looking online for places that will install wall units, but I'm not really finding any. Are there places out there that will install through-the-wall air conditioning? Any idea of how much an installation like that would cost?

Any information and advice you could give me is greatly appreciated!

superhero1219

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion! I looked into it and Mr. Slim looks like it could be a good solution. However, none of the websites I've looked at give any sort of ballpark figure in terms of pricing. I know it's hard to give an estimate without seeing the house, but I'd kind of like to know how it compares, in terms of price, to a conventional central air unit? I ask, because I don't own the house and I need to be able to give the owner some kind of info on pricing for him to even take a look at it. Any thoughts?