• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CAW9244XQ2 Crosley Washer Shifter switch wiring harness

tmvhx9

Model Number
CAW9244XQ2
Brand
Crosley
Washing machine started making loud noises during spin cycles (likely due to heavy quilt). Now the washer isn’t spinning or agitating. I followed the tech sheet and ran through things in manual mode. For agitation and spin, the motor hums, but nothing happens. The belt is intact and I followed the test #3a on page 13. Everything checks out until step 9. Between J2-3 and J2-1, the voltage does not switch between spin and agitate modes. What pins should I test for continuity in the shifter wiring harness? Or should I just replace the shifter? I appreciate any tips!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, If voltage does not switch, go to step 12 and continue through step 15 --->if that's good then go to step 16 which says replace the shift actuator.

I'd also take the belt off and turn your transmission pulley and see if it turns freely both ways. Also see if the tub turns freely both ways with your hand. Also turn the motor pulley both ways.

Here's your tech data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HKA2d9bIVnUbPoj1Lm3kaXLuAzNzwVdW

Shifter Switch:
9. With a voltmeter set to DC, connect the black probe to J2-3 (Circuit Gnd) and red probe to J2-1 (Shifter Switch). In manual test mode, switch between Spin and Agitate modes. Voltage should toggle between 0 and +5VDC.
SPIN = +5 VDC
AGITATE = 0 VDC
--->If voltage corresponds to setting, go to step 10.
--->If voltage does not switch, go to step 12.
12. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
13. Tilt washer back to access the bottom of the washer and the drive motor area.
14. Visually check the electrical connections to the shifter.
--->If visual check passes, go to step 15.
--->If connections are loose, reconnect the electrical connections and repeat step 1.
15. With an ohmmeter, check the harness for continuity between the shifter and main control using the pinouts in the following chart--->The Shifter to Main Control & Drain Pump CHART is on page 14 (top right side).
--->If there is continuity, go to step 16.
--->If there is no continuity, replace the lower washer harness and repeat step 1.
16. Replace the shifter assembly.
a. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
b. Replace shifter assembly.
c. Reassemble all parts and panels.
d. Plug in washer or reconnect power. Calibrate washer and perform Automatic Test to verify repair.
17. If the preceding steps did not correct the problem, replace the main control.
a. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
b. Replace the main control.
c. Reassemble all parts and panels.
d. Plug in washer or reconnect power. Calibrate washer and perform Automatic Test to verify repair.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order here:
Shift Actuator WPW10006355

Let us know what you find.

Jake