• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CC2S950P2MS1 GE Cafe dual fuel oven, vent in back of range still blowing hot air with oven off

dieselgg

Premium Member
Model Number
CC2S950P2MS1
Brand
GE
Hi,

I have Cdn Model GE Cafe dual fuel oven. Model # is CC2S950P2MS1. I believe the US equivalent is C2S950P2MS1.
I just used the oven for the first time today I turned the upper and lower oven for about 30 mins to get rid of any small.
Turned off the lower oven and the used the upper oven. After turning it off, the vents in the back of the range are still blowing hot air.
I can hear the fan blowing air. The menu LCD display remains lit. It usually turns off after about 10 seconds when the range is not in use and just the clock will be displayed.

Is this expected that the vent blower continues to blow heat and will eventually turn off or is there an issue with my range already on the first day?

Regards,
Gus

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dieselgg

Premium Member
Jake,

From what I understand, the convection fan is responsible for distributing heat evenly in the oven cavity.
When the oven is in use, which oven part is responsible for blowing/venting heat from the behind the range?
I may call GE or contact the sales rep on this one.

Regards,
Gus

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's what I don't know Gus without seeing the parts diagram, and on Canadian GE models they are not available online, which seems odd.

Now the C2S950P2MS1 does show a Blower Tangential Asm, but see the Canadian GE model may not have that.

Yes, since its brand new its best to contact GE Canada at 1-800-561-3344.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

dieselgg

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I contacted the sales rep and he did confirm that there is a fan to cool the electronics. It is on all models such as Jenn-Air and Whirlpool.
Some take longer than others to turn off. The cooling fan helps in prolonging the longevity of the electronics. Good to know.
And yes, it seems it is not documented in the user's manual.

Regards,
Gus

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Gus, in the USA we usually see that cooling fan mentioned in the owners manual, maybe Canada doesn't require that cooling fan mention.:)

Jake