• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED CCGS990SET3SS GE Cafe double oven Lower oven not heating up and already replaced igniter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merman84

Premium Member
Model Number
CCGS990SET3SS
Brand
GE
Hi all. I know there was already a post on here in regards to replacing the igniter and heat shield for the lower oven. I am also having issues with a lower oven not heating up, however I have already replaced the igniter with 2 different brand new igniters. In case the first one was faulty. I was told it could most likely be the control board. Anyone have any other information to offer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nothing pulls up for CCGS990SET3SS please take a photo of your model number tag and upload it here.

Jake

LizzyC2308

Premium Member
I too am having an issue with the bottom oven not heating. First I replaced the igniter, then after 5 minutes it made a huge "pop" noise & that was when I found this forum and found out about the deflector. Ordered a new deflector & another new igniter. After replacing the second igniter, the oven will not heat up. Used a volt meter to test the cables, and there is no voltage coming to the igniter from the panel We tested at the connector in the back & no voltage. Any suggestions as to what we should do next??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Ok, I talked about this in December 2019 with two other members:

You both need this part:
WB27K10423 Control Ovn (ERC3HP)

Jake

Merman84

Premium Member
So I had a technician come by my houseyesterday to confirm what I was assuming. And he did agree that it was the control board. I plan on changing it today and will update afterwards

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Keep us posted.:)

Jake

Merman84

Premium Member
Wish I got this reply before the technician came out. Would have saved me $50 but thank you! For Anyone in Canada the part is 230 with tax

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok new control board definitely fixed the problem. Lower oven igniting and lighting up.
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is a Canadian model, so I can't tell you the steps as I have not worked on this one, hopefully Merman84 can tell you how to do it.

But usually you just remove the control panel and replace it, some have screws on the bottom of the control panel, some have screws on the side end caps of the control panel. And some you have to remove the cooktop to remove the control panel.

The tech. data sheet bigbuck posted above tells you how to remove the cooktop.

Make sure you turn the breaker OFF to your range first!

Jake

Merman84

Premium Member
I received my controller board today. Does anyone know where I can find the instructions for replacing the board?
I could not find instructions. It's king of tedious but not difficult. You have to remove all the screws holding the top of the stove. Also there is a nut holding the element down in four of the five elements you will have to remove to pull the top off and move it aside so that you could access the screws to remove and clips to unplug to remove and replace the control board. just look around for all and any screws holding the top in place. Including a few screws underneath the screw board where the top of the top oven door meets the bottom of the control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks guys for helping out Lizzy!

Jake

LizzyC2308

Premium Member
OMG, it was brutal, but we got it replaced. So nice to have my second oven again. Thanks to all for the help.
As a side note, I had emailed GE about the defect & received no reply. I was quite disappointed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job Lizzy getting it replaced. (y)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.