• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CDT835SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher Door latch replacement

tbirdmine2022

Premium Member
Model Number
CDT835SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Lights are blinking and beeps intermittent when starting the cycle. Looks like the dishwasher door latch is not working. Trying various resets with no luck. I probably should try to replace the small latch assembly. I removed the 2 screws that hold it into place but I am wondering if it is possible to do this without needing to PULL the dishwasher out of the encased cabinet as I would not know how to do this. Any suggestions. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its better to check the machine control board STATUS LED first(its located underneath the front on the dishwasher). Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model:

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Usually when you have this problem its either have a bad door latch switch or a bad machine control board.

Here's the door latch switch for your model(there is a video in the part link that shows you how to access/change it):
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

To Verify the door latch switch is good--->Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake