CDT835SSJ2SS GE Cafe DW - digital display unreadable

wwilme

Premium Member
Model Number
CDT835SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Almost from day one the digital display between the Select Cycle button and the Delay 1-12 Hours button has had issues. It would occasionally cutout so you could not read the cycle or delay information. It was not dead as you could see the blue backlighting, but there were no characters displayed. We called warranty service, but of course photographs of the problem were not accepted as proof of a problem and it wouldn’t do it all the time. Now as the machine is a year old the display has quit showing characters at any time, but the backlighting remains. My wife is used to it and knows how many times to hit the buttons to get it to do what she wants, but I’m not that good. Is the display shot? Do we need to replace the whole control panel? Or is there some other remedy or reset procedure? I’ve tried shutting off the circuit breaker for 10 minutes as some have suggested for other control panel issues, but that does nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Call GE for warranty repair. Everything is covered for the first year. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.

wwilme

Premium Member
It's a year old and actually out of warranty now.

Further research led me to a parts diagram which narrows it down to just the UI board that has the LCD readout on it. Its not an expensive part so I ordered one and will install myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the UI Board for CDT835SSJ2SS in case others need it too:
WD21X23464 Kit Svc Ui Lcd

Let us know how it goes.

Jake