CEW30EF6GSG Electrolux glass top range questions.

stelni

Premium Member
Model Number
CEW30EF6GSG
Brand
Electrolux
Hi folks, I recently purchased a used Electrolux range, model CEW30EF6GSG. Everything seems to function fine on it, and I am currently using it, but the back glass is broken. Looks like it got hit on the left side, but the whole glass is shattered but intact. I am thinking of replacing the glass with a standard piece of tinted and tempered glass cut to size, but the back glass of this unit is a touchscreen, and I am not sure if that would be part of the glass like on a cell phone or a separate panel? Currently the touchscreen still works fine, even though the glass is completely shattered. Sorry if I am not explaining this clearly, but basically what I am asking is, if I replace my broken backglass with a piece of regular tempered glass, will I loose the touchscreen functionality, and render the whole unit non-operational?

One more question. I noticed on the schematic diagram that the upper oven should have 3 elements, broil, bake and convection. I can see the broil element, and I assume the convection element is behind the fan somewhere, but I don't see the bake element. Should it not be at the bottom of the oven? The oven does seem to work ok, but I have only used it a couple of times so far.

Thanks in advance.
Regards, Nick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Nick,
the back glass is broken. Looks like it got hit on the left side, but the whole glass is shattered but intact. I am thinking of replacing the glass with a standard piece of tinted and tempered glass cut to size, but the back glass of this unit is a touchscreen, and I am not sure if that would be part of the glass like on a cell phone or a separate panel? Currently the touchscreen still works fine, even though the glass is completely shattered. Sorry if I am not explaining this clearly, but basically what I am asking is, if I replace my broken backglass with a piece of regular tempered glass, will I loose the touchscreen functionality, and render the whole unit non-operational?
Are you referring to this part:
Touchpad and Control Panel 316538416

One more question. I noticed on the schematic diagram that the upper oven should have 3 elements, broil, bake and convection. I can see the broil element, and I assume the convection element is behind the fan somewhere, but I don't see the bake element. Should it not be at the bottom of the oven?
Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for Electrolux CEW30EF6GSG: Body Parts

#66 is your broil element, #67 is your bake element, which looks like its hidden below your bottom oven panel, then #161 is your convection element.

Jake

stelni

Premium Member
Hi Jake, yes that is the correct part. At nearly $1400US, you can see why i would like to try and replace just the glass if I can! Its just not worth it to replace the whole panel assembly.
Even if the touch sensor is attached to the glass, I wonder if I can remove it and reattach to a new piece of glass? The glass is currently completely shattered, but still all in place. The touchscreen still functions normally.

Thanks for the parts diagram. Looks like the bottom bake element is shared with the lower oven then, or am I still missing something. is there somewhere that I can download those exploded diagrams?

Thanks for the quick help Jake.

Regards, Nick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Nick,

Even if the touch sensor is attached to the glass, I wonder if I can remove it and reattach to a new piece of glass? The glass is currently completely shattered, but still all in place. The touchscreen still functions normally.
Thats a good question, BUT I don't know if you could do that or not, hopefully another tech. or member that's successfully done that can shed some light on it.:)

Looks like the bottom bake element is shared with the lower oven then, or am I still missing something. is there somewhere that I can download those exploded diagrams?
Click all the sections to the parts diagram link I posted above, you will see this is only a single oven, so you won't have a upper bake element unless you had a double oven model.:)

Jake

stelni

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

My range is definitely a double oven model. Upper oven is full-size, lower oven is only half size. There is an element at the bottom of the lower drawer, but I can't see one at the top of it. Control panel has independent temp controls for each, so I am assuming they can be set to different temps. See pic 07-Top/Drawer in the parts link you sent me. So basically all I can see is the broiler element at the top of the main oven, #66, and the bottom element in the bottom of the lower oven, #81. Supposed to be element #67 in the bottom of the upper oven, but I am assuming it is hidden underneath the pan #8?

Thanks.
Regards, Nick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Nick,

You are correct, here's your owners manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XOo8DMN9Q7d_ClXuY8Z_i3gCHgkArU22

This is a newer Electrolux model I have not seen as of yet.

Supposed to be element #67 in the bottom of the upper oven, but I am assuming it is hidden underneath the pan #8?
Yes, it looks that way to me too.

I own a Maytag Gemini Range and its a double oven as well, but my bottom oven is the larger one, top is the smaller oven.:)

Look here: Parts for Maytag MER6772BAW: Oven Parts

You can see both my ovens each have separate BAKE and BROIL elements in each oven.:)

Jake

stelni

Premium Member
Thanks for the info Jake, and the link to the user manual. That will be very useful.

Regards, Nick.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Page 16 in this service manual.NOTE: The TST system touch glass is a non serviceable part and must be replaced as a complete assembly if found to be defective. The replacement glass panel will come attached to the frame and will include ribbon connectors. (Photo B)

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Nick!

Thanks bigbuck!

Jake

stelni

Premium Member
Page 16 in this service manual.NOTE: The TST system touch glass is a non serviceable part and must be replaced as a complete assembly if found to be defective. The replacement glass panel will come attached to the frame and will include ribbon connectors. (Photo B)
Thanks for the link bigbuck. You are correct.

It is working fine right now, so I think I am just going to leave it as is.

Thanks again for the help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake