• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CFE28UP3MDD1 GE Refrigerator - Hot Water Disabled

Propilot2251

Premium Member
Model Number
CFE28UP3MDD1
Brand
GE
My GE Cafe' refrigerator (CFE28UP3MDD1) is displaying "Hot Water Disabled" in the LCD panel when trying to dispense hot water or using the Keurig. I have already tried unplugging and plugging the power back in, filter replacement, software update, and resetting using service mode "15".

When I press and turn the water dispensing knob, there is a momentary "grinding" sound and the message is displayed. All other cold water dispensing and ice dispensing functions properly.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need GE to come out at 1-800-432-2737 since its under warranty to fix it for free.

Jake

Propilot2251

Premium Member
Jake,
My mistake. The "in-service" date was 12/28/19 and the purchase date was 6/29/19. GE has indicated that the purchase date is when their warranty date starts. So I'm out of luck for GE to assist.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I have not run into this problem before.

No one here has mentioned this problem before either, I searched the forum and nothing.

I did a google search and found this:
You need to enable it. Usually you touch and hold the hot wat button on screen for 3-5 seconds. Or go into the settings on the touch screen. Your owners manual will have that information.

Jake