CFES355D2 Frigidaire Slide In Range - oven not working

ChirpChirpSqueak

Premium Member
Model Number
CFES355D2
Brand
Frigidaire
The oven was in use when there was a loud bang and suddenly there was no heat anymore. The range top elements work, the clock works. But, neither the bake or broil elements work. The control panel indicates preheating, but there is no heat at all.

What do you think it could be?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like one of the elements shorted out. Probably the bake element. Look on the element for a burned spot. What usually happens when the elements shorts out is it takes the control board out. Check the elements for continuity. Check for 220 VAC across L1 and DLB-IN on the board.

ChirpChirpSqueak

Premium Member
I checked the bake element and it looks in mint condition -- no blisters. I just replaced it a few months ago. How do I check the board for L1 and DLB-IN?

rickgburton

Staff member
ChirpChirpSqueak said:
there was a loud bang
Did you look for anything obvious? I would think a loud bang is a dead short somewhere. You'll need a DMM to check the elements for continuity. Look on the back of the control board for L1 and DLB-IN and measure the voltage across them. The terminals are marked on the control.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, a multimeter is a must like Rick mentioned, this one ships to Canada:

Also we need the complete model number of your range, read it from the tag on the machine.

Jake

ChirpChirpSqueak

Premium Member
The correct model number is CFES355DS2. I looked all around for anything obvious when I took off the control panel and checked the wires etc, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I have a digital multimeter but not sure where I should be testing. I found L1 on the board but couldn't find DLB-IN. Do you want a picture of the board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I get no match for CFES355DS2, I do get a match for CFES355ES2 and CFES355AS2.

Can you also take a photo of your model number tag please.:)

Thanks,

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Older Canadain models may not be found on US parts sites. If the OP can supply the numbers printed on the part itself maybe it can be traced?

JFYI

ChirpChirpSqueak

Premium Member
According to Frigidaire they don't have any info on the model I bought, so the closest one would be CFES355ES2. I tested the continuity between L2-IN and L1 with a digital multimeter and didn't get anything. Here are some pictures of the board and model info.
Stovechipboard.jpg
Stovechipboard2.jpg
StoveModel.jpg

ChirpChirpSqueak

Premium Member
Voltage is good so I opened up the board and check this out! I would order a new control panel but they don't make them anymore for this model. I'm going to clean this up with some alcohol and see what needs to be replaced! :eek:
burntboard1.jpg
burntboard2.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't believe that is repairable. Do you have any used appliances dealers in your area? They might have a used one.