• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CFSP5RKBCSS GE Cafe Refrigerator Door Display

dovek2003@yahoo

Premium Member
Model Number
CFSP5RKBCSS
Brand
GE
The digital display on the front of the French door is not working. It has the controls for the refrigerator like temperature settings. I have replaced the main board and the digital display with computer board. I have tried all reset methods including unplug/plug in, pressing Energy Saver and Light for 10 seconds, etc. Does anyone have suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I was not able to locate the tech. data sheet for this model, so I'd first check all the door wires and connectors that go into the door to make sure no wires are broken and no metal pins are broken or backed out.

If all your wiring is good, then its best to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to come out to see what's going on.

Jake

dovek2003@yahoo

Premium Member
Jake, I've tried everything short of requesting a tech to come out and service. Do you have a general idea / estimate of what that would cost? Depending on cost it may be better to turn into a garage refrigerator.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Cost of a GE tech coming out? I sure don't know, possibly over $100 to just show up.

Jake

dovek2003@yahoo

Premium Member
Thanks. I have a feeling it’s going to cost more than it’s worth. Was hoping someone else on this forum had a similar experience. I appreciate the info.