CGES3065PFD After power bump door locked, with "door opn" code, baking, broil, cleaning doesnt work

soviz

Premium Member
Model Number
CGES3065PFD
Brand
Frigidaire
CGES3065PFD After power bump door locked, with "door opn" code, baking, broil, cleaning doesnt work

hi all, really need some input on this issue. last night power bump happened at some point. when i came to kitchen in the morning the "door opn" code was on the display with lock sign on and locked door. unplugged and plugged it back in. oven made a beep and fan came on for few second then stopped and door unlocked. now the door can be opened but "door opn" code still there. self clean, bake, broil, convection wont work. every time i click it makes 2 beep. stove top works tho. it happened once in past but before i got a chance to look into it ..it was back to normal by itself. its a frigidaire gallery electric stove. any help/input to this mystery would be highly appreciated. thank you all

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You posted the Age of your range as Less than 1 year, is that correct? If so, then you should have a full 1 year warranty on it from Frigidaire.

If its over 1 year old, then it's usually the main control board that takes the power spike/surge and goes bad.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Control Board 5304503758

Jake

soviz

Premium Member
hey jake... no its def more than 1 yo. dint notice the age selection when posting. and yes main ctrl board, thats what the tech said who showed up. its in order...damn thing is not cheap... for sure soon gona install a main circuit breaker power surge protection. thanks for the reply bud. cheers

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Yes, get a Whole Home Surge Protector. Now that I've moved from Oregon to Arizona in 2014, the thunderstorms here are bad and my power cuts off and on a lot.

Here's what I got installed on my house: Stabl-Power Series 1

The cost was $190 installed by my electrician that came out to my house from Phoenix, AZ.

Works perfect, none of my appliances have gone haywire here in Arizona.

Jake