• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED CGP2961EW1 Whirlpool Coin Operated Dryer Time Programming

FloridaStRepair

Premium Member
Model Number
CGP2961EW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I have been attempting to change the dry time on an old coin operated Whirlpool dryer, the model and serial are below. I am able to access the service switch, and am able to get the display to go to the time by pressing “start”. If I press “heavy” (high) it increases the time by ten minutes, if I press “wrinkle free” (medium) it decreases by ten, if I press “delicates/knit” (low) it seems to do nothing, and if I press “start” it increases by one. After doing this I have found no way to confirm the new amount, I have tried hitting the service switch, all buttons in different combinations, and the coin paddle on the slide.

I have also experimented a bit and I believe hitting the service switch initially shows all time dryer runs (pretty cool I think they’re over one thousand). After hitting the switch, if I hit “heavy/high” it goes to price adjustment, if I hit “start” it goes to time adjustment, if I hit “wrinkle free” it goes to “d” which I think is diagnostic, and if I hit “delicates/knit” it gives you a free cycle. I can not confirm and actually set any time or price adjustments I enter.

I know this is an incredibly old dryer and it’s asking a lot for help. I haven’t been able to find a manual for the programming anywhere, despite finding parts manuals, and trying to contact whirlpool ends with them telling me my model doesn’t exist.

Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks,

Craig

Whirlpool
Model: CGP2961EW1
Serial: MJ2402564

449375D4-5287-4B95-9B46-CD17E8C16E20.jpeg
B60D7BB6-FA60-4859-BFC6-11977688EA81.jpeg
D9B15893-4D4E-4E51-BF98-0C4335623CA5.jpeg