• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

CGS990SET4SS Bottom Oven Won't Work-Replaced Igniter, Shield, Control Board

continuecrushin

Premium Member
Model Number
CGS990SET4SS
Brand
GE
I originally was going off of this thread, but it seems my problems are still on-going. My bottom oven will not work.

I have replaced the igniter, shield, and control board.

This is a genuine GE igniter, and I've tested it to ensure it glows, which it does very well.
I've checked the thermal fuse on the side of the oven-I have continuity.
I have checked voltage out of the new control board when set to "bake" and output from "bake" and "N" on the board provide 120 volts.
I do NOT have voltage at the lower oven igniter when I turn on bake.

Any help would be appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Half of all the bad igniters I've replaced still glow. It needs to draw 3.2 to 3.6 amps to open the oven safety valve.

120 VAC at the control and 0V at the igniter= bad oven safety valve (or broken wire). Leave the meter test lead in the connector on L1 and touch the other lead to N on the oven valve. You should be able to read a couple ohms across the valve terminals if it's good.
C-Igniter Volts.jpg

Here's the part you need:

continuecrushin

Premium Member
Yup, it's the valve. Just my luck haha, it was the control board AND the valve. The old control board wasn't putting out 120 when set to bake, and after it was replaced power made it all the way to the valve...but no continuity there.

I'll update (hopefully for sure fixed) on Wednesday or Thursday when the part comes in!

Last edited: