• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Changing LED bulb on Frigidaire FPMO3077TF 30'' Built-In Convection Microwave Oven

DaCapitan

Premium Member
Model Number
FPMO3077TF
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,

I just had this microwave repaired(a part inside melted, just needed to be replaced). However, I notice now, when you open the door or use the microwave, the light inside does not work.

The repairman said it's possible the bulb has blown and will come look when he gets a chance.

That being said, I wanted to order a bulb, but the user manual doesn't mention the LED bulb type or how to replace it.

Can someone tell me the bulb type and the procedure for changing it?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't know that it is a separate bulb that can be replaced. Nowadays bulbs often come together mounted into a socket.

As near as I can tell it is Frigidaire part # 5304514246. I couldn't find many companies that stock it and can't even find a photo of that part!

Dan O.

DaCapitan

Premium Member
Tech guy came back out and tested and confirmed bulb was blown. Also believes that is the correct part.

Did you find any companies that stocked it?

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member

DaCapitan

Premium Member
I ordered it from sears parts direct yesterday and it updated today to say on backorder, even though it had said in stock :/

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
DaCapitan said:
it updated today to say on backorder

That's too bad. It sounds like they need better inventory control.

You can try searching for yourself to see if you can find a supplier with stock or just choose a supplier to order it from and wait for them to ship it when they receive their stock again from the manufacturer. Everyone has to get them from the same place, Frigidaire's main supply chain. When they're out everyone will be out too eventually.

Dan O.