• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Clicking sound Kenmore elite (LG) Refrigerator model # 795.78546.806

ksbappa

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I am noticing a constant clicking sound coming from this Kenmore Elite bottom freezer model. I can hear it from several feet away and it is a soft click. Not just one click, but steady clicking every second or so. Not like a single click where a relay should kick in. When I open the door to the refrigerator section, it continues. It appears to be coming from the housing that covers the 2 lightbulbs at the top front of the refrigerator compartment. The bulbs are not blinking or anything and the entire unit appears to be working well. This clicking started a few days ago and is pretty constant. Any idea what this is? Does it mean anything?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It appears to be coming from the housing that covers the 2 lightbulbs at the top front of the refrigerator compartment.
There's no electrical parts other than the light bulbs under the cover. Trying to diagnose sounds over the internet isn't exactly easy. Pull the machine away from the wall and see if you can get a better idea where it's coming from. Put your ear against the cabinet.

borgward

Premium Member
There's no electrical parts other than the light bulbs under the cover. Trying to diagnose sounds over the internet isn't exactly easy. Pull the machine away from the wall and see if you can get a better idea where it's coming from. Put your ear against the cabinet.
Sounds like my refrigerator. See https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...rator-253-9668011-ticking-noise-inside.82633/
The clicking noise was coming from near the light just under the freezer section above. It was the defrost timer. That's probably your problem but you should pull the refrigerator out and make sure it is not something else. Part number might be different for yours.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@borgward can you please update that thread of yours, so I can mark it as FIXED? Thanks!

@ksbappa does not have a defrost timer on his/her model, so it has to be something else. A video upload of it making that sound would be wonderful.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I marked it FIXED.(y)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It can only be done by US(Rick, Dan O. and myself) here, if we left it open for anyone to do the spammers would have a field day.:)

Jake