Comments on GU3500

Techieweb

Premium Member
Looking to potentially replace an old Frigidaire d/w with a new Whirlpool Gold GU3500. I'm primarily looking for something quiet, stainless steel interior, lots of space and good all around rating for cleaning. I don't care much about all the bells and whistles as my old Frigidaire ran great for 7 years and it was a pretty basic machine - but it was louder than I wanted and if I am going to replace it, I want the quietest model I can afford - it sits on hardwood in an island in the middle of the kitchen.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks...Frank

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The Whirlpool, Kenmore 665 and the KitchenAid are all very good, and quiet too.

That Whirlpool GU3200 is very good and quiet!:)

Jake

Techieweb

Premium Member
Bought the GU3200 - installation question?

Thanks for the info. We went ahead and purchased the GU3200 and it works well and is quiet. I'm not as impressed with the installation, but I'm going to see if it can be fixed by the installer. The unit is deeper than my old dishwasher, so it sticks out a bit more - which is fine. However, it seems that the unit "leans back" slightly, causing the front door of the unit to stick out more at the bottom than the top - about 1/4" past the edge of the cupboard at the top, and 1/2 - 3/4 " at the bottom. As well, the unit appears to be slightly narrower leaving a bit of a gap on the left side. The result is that when you stand in the kitchen, you can almost see underneath the unit near the door hinge. Does the unit need to sit tipped back slightly? I would think that if it was levelled off, this wouldn't be an issue.

I welcome any comments.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should be level and not tilted back.:)

Jake

Techieweb

Premium Member
Thanks

I think I have the dishwasher now set as well as is possible. The tall tub design has slightly different dimensions that my old dishwasher, so it's not a perfect fit, but it's pretty good. The one thing I found strange was that above the kick panel on the bottom front of the dishwasher, there is not more sound proofing. I know there has to be a lot of open space to allow for the opening of the large door, but it just seems like there should have been some sort of insulation and sound proofing that would have made it a little quieter as that seems to be where the majority of the sound comes from. It's still pretty quiet, but compared to my parents Bosch - low end model - there's is still much quieter.

Thanks for all of the great information!

Frank

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Frank.:)

Jake