• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Continued F1E1 code on Whirlpool Wall Oven WOS51ES4ES00

bpochon

Premium Member
Model Number
WOS51ES4ES00
Brand
Whirlpool
Oven finished a clean cycle and display was lost and door was locked. Here's what I've done since then:
  • Replaced thermal fuse. This restored display. Next, I found out the oven wasn't producing heat.
  • Entered into diagnostic mode. Error F1E1 displayed and "check P1-K2 Upper Bake wiring" and "check P3-K1 Upper Broil wiring" displayed.
  • Installed new oven control board per tech sheet's guidance (when F1E1 error is thrown) and checked continuity on upper bake/broil element. Continuity good.
  • Cleared codes via diagnostic mode.
  • F1E1 appears again along with "check P1-K2.... P3-K1" and now F2E1, which is stuck keypad.
Any direction?

Thanks,
Brady

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brady,

For F2E1, the tech. data sheet does not mention anything on how to test the keypad assembly, so all you can do is replace it:

For Continued F1E1 code--->Did you ohm test your safety thermal thermostat that's located in the very back?

You will want to first ohm test your safety thermal thermostat, its #34 here:
WOD51ES4ES00.jpg

You'll need to pull your oven out from the wall, then take off the back access panel, then you will need a multimeter, then take off the wires to it, and ohm it for continuity.

You may need to get someone to help you pull it out as wall ovens are very heavy to pull out by yourself.

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your oven first before ohm testing that safety thermal thermostat!

Here's the safety thermal thermostat for your model you can order if needed:
W11034459 Thrmst-Fix

Let us know what you find.

Jake

bpochon

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. I will pursue the thermal thermostat next as it was mentioned when I first started researching.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

bpochon

Premium Member
To wrap up this thread, it ended up being the thermal fuse and thermal thermostat. After replacing these two, oven is functioning.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear those two parts fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

For others following your thread, here's the thermal fuse for your model that will restore the display:
W11025102 Fuse-Thrml

Jake