Control module compatibility between models

Daffodil

Model Number
SHV55MO3GB
Brand
Bosch
Hi folks,

I've got an oldish but decent machine that has a burnt control module. I'm not sure it's worth the investment on an older machine to replace it, especially as I don't know yet if there's further problems with the pump or heater.

However - there's the possibility of getting a second hand control module from another model e.g. SGV53E13GB or SGS45A02GB or the like that has the same housing (albeit with different button placement and different programmes).

So, the question for the folks on this forum is: how compatible are circuit boards which are the same shape and have the same terminals but are from different dishwasher models? I understand I may be getting a different set of features from a different board - but are they essentially controlling the same hardware across different models do you think?

Many thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We wouldn't know the answer to that, this is a USA and Canada appliance repair forum, you'd need to find a European appliance repair forum closer to where you live.

Here in the USA you can't substitute parts unless the manufacturer authorizes it.:)

Jake