FIXED Cooling problems on Kenmore model 596.67992606

Pa M

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi!

My refrigerator cannot cool the temperature below 15C (59F). The freezer part (located at the bottom) works perfectly well. From time to time, I find a small pool of water in front of the freezer, but not much, and I never had water leaks inside de fridge. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

I provided a few pics of the back of the fridge in case it could help. I put age 5-10 years but I honestly don't know since I bought it used.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5699c.jpg
IMG_5700c.jpg

IMG_5701c.jpg
IMG_5702c.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Take some items out of your freezer, then look to see/feel the back panel inside your freezer and if you have frost build-up on it. If so that would cause the COLD air NOT to blow inside the refrigerator section to COOL it down properly.

Let me know if that's the case and I will walk you through the steps to test the defrost thermostat and defrost heater.

Jake

Pa M

Premium Member
Thanks for you reply. By looking at other posts, I figured that it was the damper control that was not allowing air into the refrigerator part. Changing the part seems to have solved the issue.