• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Could anyone help with door lock wiring harness on Bosch 500 (SHPM65Z55N) Dishwasher

Henry_NY

Premium Member
Model Number
SHPM65Z55N
Brand
Bosch
Hi everyone, just registered after seeing other related issues being solved here.
While installing, we noticed that the wires coming from door lock release control got snagged and pulled out of the wiring harness. Even though dishwasher was plugged, it wasn't responding to buttons, that's when we realized the issue. We could see where one of the wires would go but the other one came off clean.

If anyone has 500 or later models with Auto-Open dry function that releases the door to vent the steam for better dry, could you please check which pins Yellow and Orange wires go on the main control board harness? My wife is very disappointed and bummed that after 2 weeks of going back and forth and finally installing this great dishwasher, she still can't get full functionality. At least we could get it working but vent auto-open is not working. I think we put it in wrong pin.

The part number of the main control board is: 9001409616
The part number of the door lock latch is: 9001453908
I hope these numbers can help someone find the wiring harness connector pins.
Thanks in advance!

PS: Would this be covered under warranty?

1658793398389.png 1658793423984.png

Henry_NY

Premium Member
I think it would be better if I just replace the wiring harness from door latch to the control board, anyone know the part#?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Henry_NY

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, in case it helps someone else (Bosch has a design flaw on 500 series where the wire is loose and can get snagged while installing, it's not securely attached or protected) here is the picture of the right pins.

1658938921375.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that, thanks for pointing that out.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.