CPIF3093LFC Frigidaire induction error code F31

gordiel

Premium Member
Model Number
CPIF3093LFC
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello

This unit is giving an error 31. The customer says the oven works fine but on turning on any stove top switch - this error occurs. I have never worked on an induction unit and was wondering if this error makes any sense to any of you that have? I am going to take a look later today (as you can't always go by what you are told:0 ) Will follow up with what I find but if anyone has any suggestion on what i may be looking for sure would appreciate it - Thanks !!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F31 is Shorted oven sensor probe circuit.

(F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector. If resistance is correct replace the EOC.

Pull the range out from the wall, then Unplug the range, then remove the back access panel and you will see the little plastic oven sensor connector, unsnap that connector, then ohm test the oven sensor per the video below.

Here's the oven sensor for your model if needed:
Temperature Sensor 316490003

[video=youtube_share;vWJOLFW2aw0]https://youtu.be/vWJOLFW2aw0[/video]

If your oven sensor ohm test good, then the clock oven control board(EOC) is faulty.

Here's the clock oven control board(EOC) for your model you can order: Controller,electronic ,es540 316560112

Jake

gordiel

Premium Member
HI jake!!

First of all thanks for the reply and all previous !! I was out to look at this unit and it is kind of two units in one! The 31 error is indeed as you describe a faulty oven probe. Thing is Jake the oven works fine. This error comes up any time any of the top elements are turned on !!Looking in back of the unit is the service data which includes two separate sheets -- one for the oven and one for the induction cook top.

In the induction sheet it tells me that E31 error is the left generator board is defective ((318347101). The data sheet denotes left and right gen boards which are identical and listed as such in the parts break down. I am very dubious about this fix as the part price is 750.00 my cost!!

I'm almost thinking of letting this repair go else where :) Gonna get the customer to price the value of the unit and go from there. Not looking forward to servicing these new induction units - thinking its going the way of televisions - parts too expensive for a sensible priced repair!! Will let you know how I make out - Thanks again Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I didn't scroll far enough down on the tech. data sheet.

Yes, you are correct, E31 says: Synchronization failure in left side cook zones generator board.

1. Verify all cable and harness connections to the left side cook zones generator board.
2. Replace the generator board.

Here it is below, its $596 US DOLLARS:

318347101 Generator

Jake