• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Cracked Water Inlet Valve: KitchenAid Refrigerator KSC24C8EYY00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wringer Washer

Premium Member
Model Number
KSC24C8EYY00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello, I sure could use some help. I've got a cracked inlet water tube. I've searched and searched but the repair posts are not like my problem for KitchenAid Refrigerator KSC24C8EYY00. The crack is between that molded collar and the inch of tube that connects the water inlet valve. I wanted to cut off that collar and reconnect the tube.. But similar posts show that the increased stress and extra bend of the shortened tube causes another leak, so does using a splicing patch. I guess I could try it. This tube doesn't have a 45°connector like in the other posts that are successful fixes. 45° is too much I think. Will a hair dryer help make a bend in the tube or melt it? Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Which one is cracked?

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#26 is the larger 5/16" tubing, and #27

Here's the video for the 5/16" tubing:

Now another member tried what you are trying to do and made a video in his thread here about that:

Jake

Wringer Washer

Premium Member
Thanks Jake: I'm not sure which tube that I need. Don't you think it would be #26? That is called the "Water Supply Tube." My cracked one goes form the water inlet valve to the filter. Isn't that #26?

I watched both of those videos and others before I posted. I don't think that I could do the patch. I guess that I better just bite the bullet and buy the OEM. Thanks again, WILLIAM P.S. I used to work in a parts store that sold wringer washers parts!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My cracked one goes form the water inlet valve to the filter. Isn't that #26?
From the water inlet valve to the filter would be the water filter inlet tube. Yes its #26.:)

Here's the water filter inlet tube for your model:
WPW10279882 Tube-Water

Here's the water filter outlet tube for your model:
WPW10279885 Tube-Water

P.S. I used to work in a parts store that sold wringer washers parts!
I would of loved to work there too.:)

Jake

Wringer Washer

Premium Member
Hey there, I received the replacement water inlet tube and watched the repair video again. I was wondering why the video shows disconnecting the water filter outlet tube to install the water inlet tube. I don't want to create more problems by stressing the water filter outlet tube and its connector. Is the water filter outlet tube disconnected from the tank just to add slack so that the water filter housing can be lowered and the water inlet tube disconnected? Is it necessary to disconnect the water filter outlet tube? Thanks so much. William

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you have to disconnect that water filter outlet tube too to get better access to the water inlet tube and get more room to it as well. Don't worry, just follow the video and it should go well.:)

Here's the video:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime William.(y)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent William, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.