• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Cuisinart cmw-100 - cannot find correct turntable motor

Model
CMW-100
Brand
Hello

I've tried several motors and each one allows the turntable to rotate at least once, then quits. Wish I had kept the original motor. Cannot find the exact motor for that model. I've been all over the internet! Cuisinart suggests I send in the microwave for repair. (that'll cost more than the whole unit!). I hate to give up. I just know that part is out there somewhere!

Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Identify the coupler

I've tried several motors and each one allows the turntable to rotate at least once, then quits.
I don't know why that would be. All turntable motors should be capable of turning any tray. Are you certain the tray or turntable shaft aren't binding somehow?

Wish I had kept the original motor. Cannot find the exact motor for that model.
Yes, the numbers on the original might have been useful. The only factory replacement parts I see available for that model are the turntable drive shaft, the turntable support ring and the glass turntable itself.

If we can identify the m/w manufacturer, we might be able to come up with the mating motor from a different brand made by the same OEM supplier. Usually the tray drive shaft is unique to a particular manufacturer. If we can identify the coupler used on your model I might be able to trace it back to a different brand where more replacement parts are available.

Here is the replacement turntable shaft for your model. Look at it and see if it's the same as yours.
LINK > CMW-100SHAFT Shaft

If the above is the same as yours, try to compare yours to the pictures of the shafts at the links below that looked close:

LINK > 4370W3A001A Glass tray coupling
LINK > WB06X10420 turntable coupler
LINK > WPDE67-00213A carousel tray drive coupler
LINK > WB06X10144 Turntable coupler
LINK > 4370W1A009A Turntable coupling
LINK > DE67-00251A Coupler

I think these might be the closest,
LINK > WB06X10861 Coupler
LINK > 5304463315 Turntable coupler
LINK > W10605644 Shaft

If any look the same, I can try to find their mating motors to see if they're available for purchase but I still think you should look at the motor's mounting and operation to see if it's binding somewhere.

Dan O.

Last edited: