• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

CVM2072SM1SS GE Cafe Microwave Dead

JuzFixIt

Premium Member
Model Number
CVM2072SM1SS
Brand
GE
Hi,

Had a power surge and now microwave is dead. Model #CVM2072SM1SS. I changed out the 2 fuses up top, and the 2 thermal fuses, and it’s still dead. Any other things I should be looking at or testing?

Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Check the outlet?
If yes, what was the meter reading?
Has anybody tested for power coming into the unit?....a power surge can damage things like the board so the unit would act dead.

I changed out the 2 fuses up top, and the 2 thermal fuses, and it’s still dead
Checked the oven liner thermal cut off?

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
How do I check if power is coming in?
Volt meter.
Follow the cord plug coming in. L and N.
There is a trouble shooting flow chart on the tech sheet bb left for you.

jeff.

JuzFixIt

Premium Member
For some reason I can’t open the tech sheet. Will the microwave have to be taken down to test it? How do I test the control board? Thanks again!

JuzFixIt

Premium Member
Openeded. Do i need different thermal fuses for the Hood and Bottom? i used the same for both. And where are the other 2 TCO's? I'm not great at reading these diagrams, how do i test for voltage at LVT on PCB?

jeff1

Staff member
B ( LVT Low Voltage Transformer ) near the 1 in the circle and second W ( secondary relay #1 ) near the 5 in the circle would test for 110-120 volts to the board....and test all the tco's and fuse at the same time.

jeff.