• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Dacor 2004 Microwave Model # DMT2420S

ginawg

Premium Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
8
Location
gardnerville, nv
My microwave is 4 years old and has worked well for an expensive microwave. I recently have been using it and while for example I warm up a cup of coffee I see sparks in my microwave. I do not have any metal in the microwave. This is happening on all things that I put into the microwave lately. I hope that this is a quick fix and not the microwave going bad. I spent over $600 and it should last more then 4 years!! Please help.
 
Top