• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Dacor ERSD36 constant beeping. replaced oven control board w/o resolution

doc8404

Premium Member
Model Number
ERSD36
Brand
Dacor
I have a 12 year old Dacor ERSD36 that started to beep intermittently. Everything works perfectly fine and I don’t get any codes or anything else. If I put it in safe/lock mode by pressing the CANCEL button (so it says OFF) it will come out of that mode onits own (and no longer say OFF) and beep beep beep.

I reset the circuit breaker several times and since that didn’t work, I called Dacor and they of course told me to replace Part # 62707, Oven Control Board. I did that and went to bed and an hour later, beep beep beep beep. No codes, no flashing, nothing, just the beeping. I can’t find anything online that says what else could’ve been wrong with it. When I installed the board, I cleaned all three connectors verywell. EVERYTHING works on this stove, bake, broil, convection, pure convection,light, timers, everything.
I have an appliance tech coming Friday, which I rather avoid of course. Any Advice? I thought about replacing the “other control panel” also or the TouchPad Membrane part # 62309. Thank you. Please email me at rsylvstr@gmail.com

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent doc, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
doc8404 said:
I did that and went to bed and an hour later, beep beep beep beep. No codes, no flashing, nothing, just the beeping.

That reminds me of a story I heard (I can't swear it was true). A customer had a similar complaint. Intermittently their brand new stove would start beeping. It never occurred while a technician was there. To appease the customer the technician replaced all the most likely parts to cause such an error. Finally as he's finishing the job he hears the beeping for himself. It turns out to be old smoke detector in a nearly drawer with its battery running down. Beep. Beep. Beep. hehe

Glad you found a real culprit in your case.

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, its funny you mentioned that Dan, I had a service call in Parker, Arizona last week saying the ABOVE THE RANGE microwave was beeping non-stop even when it wasn't in use. Mind you I don't work on microwaves, but it was a elderly lady living alone and I was close by, and told her the only thing I can do is unplug the microwave from the wall outlet to stop the beeping till she gets another tech out to fix it. I got to her house and unplugged the microwave and it was still beeping, I was like WHAT THE HELL!!! LOL Then I looked down on her counter below the microwave and saw a digital timer kinda hidden away and that was the beeping noise. LOL

Jake