• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Danby DAR044A6DDB - Mini Fridge - Relay Cover Removal

kingkang

Premium Member
Model Number
DAR044A6DDB
Brand
Danby
Hello! I recently bought a mini-fridge that I plan on gifting to my Dad for Father's Day. From my understanding, it just needs a new starter relay. The only problem is, I think I am going to break the thing before I can even fix it. For the life of me, I can not get this relay cover off. From what I have read, it needs to be a large flat-head screwdriver but due to the angle - I can not fit a full size one in that space. Pictures attached below. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4347.jpg
    IMG_4347.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_4346.jpg
    IMG_4346.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_4345.jpg
    IMG_4345.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 374

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Make sure none of those screws on the side of that cover go through the cover. if no, just pry off the cover by using a flat screw driver between the top of the cover and the compressor.

A couple Danby start relays are linked here that may help.

jeff.

kingkang

Premium Member
Hi Jeff! You are the man! I was sticking the screwdriver into that little square hole (on the cover facing away from the compressor) and trying to pry/get leverage through there... pushing against the compressor, towards the unit, nudged the whole thing off! Thank you, thank you!

Sawbug

Hi Jeff! You are the man! I was sticking the screwdriver into that little square hole (on the cover facing away from the compressor) and trying to pry/get leverage through there... pushing against the compressor, towards the unit, nudged the whole thing off! Thank you, thank you!
Hi, I am trying to do the same thing with a Danby compact fridge DAR044A6PDB. I took screws out and even managed to remove the flap thing they were in, but I can't budge the rest of the cover on the start relay. Is there a video or a picture that describes where to put the screwdriver against the compressor to nudge it off? Maybe I don't know my vocabulary well enough. The compressor is the round thing and the unit is the square-ish cover beside the compressor that we are trying to open, I think.