• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Danby DBC2760BLS wine fridge control board bad?

michedw

Premium Member
Model Number
DBC2760BLS
Brand
Danby
My wine fridge started beeping at me. The LCD temp panels on both sides are not properly lit (some elements of the digits inconsistently light up). And it is not cooling. The compressor is on, warm to the touch (not hot). I am assuming the control board is bad. I unplugged it for a couple weeks, then plugged it back in and the temp panels are acting with the same flakiness but it is no longer beeping at me. Still not cold. What do you think?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the compressor is running and there is no cooling, the problem is with the sealed system. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value.

michedw

Premium Member
this unit was around $1,000 new and not much more than that now to replace with same. It has a matching unit that is still working, so I am inclined to replace the busted one with another of the same type (Danby Silhouette Series) to match its mate. But, do you have a wine fridge brand/model that you particularly like for reliability? Do you have an opinion? Thanks for your response.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm in Salt Lake City so I get very few service calls on wine coolers...LOL. I haven't worked on enough wine coolers to say if one is better than another. The new wine coolers that use thermoelectric or peltier coolers are quite the remarkable. There's no fans or compressor. Works like this:
Thermoelectric Peltier_Cooler.gif