• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Danby DDW1899WP-1 dumps all water after filling

DavidV_NC

Premium Member
Model Number
DDW1899WP-1
Brand
We have a Danby portable dishwasher. A few months ago, it started having a problem where it would fill with water when we started a cycle, but there would be a delay when the wash cycle should start. It would then dump all the water back out into the sink and start beeping and flashing a nonspecific error light. At first this would only happen occasionally, but lately it's almost every time we try to run it.

After some initial research I guessed the machine had a sensor problem that made it think it was overfull, triggering the drain pump, so I replaced the pressure switch and temperature sensor based on the advice here. That did not fix it.

Now I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the wash pump, but I'm puzzled why it always either runs fine or not at all. If it was a wash pump problem (something stuck in it, maybe) I would think it would sometimes run and then cut off midway through, but that never happens. If it gets past the fill stage and starts washing, it always runs fine. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Thanks for any help you can give.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try replacing the water valve. I don't know who sells Danby parts. Oh, repairclinic does:
Danby Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve 674000200005 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Water-Inlet-Valve-674000200005-01580363.jpg

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
I've had to replace water valves on dishwashers for overfilling before. In your first post you thought there might be the problem with overfilling. I've not worked on a Danby dishwasher before. I don't have any service information on Danby machines. In the past Danby mini refrigerators were always throw away models, cheaper to buy a new one. I don't know about their dishwashers.

rickgburton

Staff member
If Danby uses industry standards, then somewhere on that machine is the tech sheet. The tech sheet will usually have troubleshooting steps and how to enter service test mode. On dishwashers the most common spots are behind the lower panel, taped to the bottom of the tub (check sides and top), or inside the console.

DavidV_NC

Premium Member
I didn't know about that! That could be very helpful. The owner's manual is basically useless, so a tech sheet would be great. I'll take a look. Thanks.