• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Danby wine cooler DWC283BLS Not cooling

Jgreene1795

Premium Member
Model Number
DWC283BLS
Brand
Danby
I have Danby wine cooler that is about 15 years old. I have had several issues with this model in the past from the fans going out and not cooling properly. Each time I was able to fix them with new parts. However, this time I unplugged the unit to replace a plug something into that outlet for a few days and when I plugged it back in the unit doesn't cool. All the fans are running. The compressor is running and is hot and vibrating however the coils inside the unit are only not cool. I don't want to get rid of this unit but I'm not sure what to do. Can someone please help.
Thanks Jim

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the compressor is running and there's no cooling, the problem is with the sealed system. Most likely the compressor stopped pumping. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value.

fixer-lady

Premium Member
Maybe I have the same issue? I have an Avanti wine cooler. (WC600CL/WC601CL) It also mysteriously stopped working several years ago, so we were using it as an expensive wine rack. I checked again ... it powers on, lights up,nand the compressor "runs" (slight vibration, gets warm/hot). Had it running a few hours and no change in temperature. Is there anything else I can test, before calling it a bust?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
No, basic refrigeration 101, if the compressor is running and there's no cooling, the problem is with the sealed system.