• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Danby Wine Cooler, Not cooling

xybercoke

Premium Member
Model Number
DBC514BLS
Brand
Hi I have a Danby wine cooler, model DBC514BLS

The fridge is not staying cool. From what I can tell all the fan are running, the power works ok. And I can change the temperture on the display. I brought it in from my freezing cold garage today. And i set the temperature to 4°C and it started out at 12°C. after 30 min it went up to 13°C than to 14°C I believe the thermometer is correct.

There is a clicking sound coming from the back, every few minutes. and when i put my hand on the compressor it was very warm.

What do you think the problem may be?

Thanks,

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

There is a clicking sound coming from the back, every few minutes. and when i put my hand on the compressor it was very warm.

What do you think the problem may be?

Sounds like a compressor not starting issue....bad relay/overload, bad compressor, low voltage from an extension cord, bad compressor.

jeff.

xybercoke

Premium Member
Is it possible to order a new relay and try that first see of that fixes it. There is no extension cords, and a bad compressor is expensive to fix i believe.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
These units are a Chinese built product, many parts are not available.

I did find these at RC...

Start-Device-QP2-4-7-01472068.jpg LINK> PTC starter, *Note: Part may have one terminal or three. Either version will function the same.

Compressor-DG1-69-01313024.jpg LINK> Compressor

Labour on compressor change can be $150-200+

jeff.