• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Danby Wine Fridge Fans work not cooling

hotdog

Model Number
DWC153BLSST
Brand
Hi,

I have a Danby Wine Fridge, Dual Zone model DWC153BLSST that is not cooling. It has power, the two fans on the inside back wall both run with the door shut and the fan on the lower side of the unit that blows across the condenser is running. Doesn't show any error codes. I am good with a multimeter, just not sure what to check. I stuck my hand on the compressor and felt a slight vibration, but so slight it may have been from the condenser fan running. Suggestions?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If the compressor is running and no cooling = system issue...happens a lot on these!
Shopping time...JMO!

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Not running....bad compressor, bad compressor start relay/over load, no power from the control.
We rarely see a compressor not run...more often than not the compressor runs and we have no refrigeration happening.

jeff.

TryToDIMfirst

Premium Member
By "system issue" do you mean the system has leaks and finding and fixing them is not worth it? Similarly, what about recharging it? If the problem was lack of freon, and the unit has lasted 5 years before it stopped cooling, might one get 4-5 more years with a recharge (if possible)?
Thanks!

Alex

jeff1

Staff member
By "system issue" do you mean the system has leaks
System problems can be a leaker, restriction, inefficient compressor or any combination of these.

If the problem was lack of freon, and the unit has lasted 5 years before it stopped cooling, might one get 4-5 more years with a recharge (if possible)?
Unit only has a few ounces of gas in it, if a leak developes the gas will be gone in a day or two or sometimes hours depending on how bad the leak is...it is also against the law to recharge a unit that may leak.

jeff.